Local Government - Thorp Purdy Jewett Urness & Wilkinson, P.C.
Thorp Purdy has a long history of providing general counsel and special counsel services to Oregon’s public entities. To us, that means having a team of experienced local government attorneys available when you need us. Our experienced team of local government attorneys helps our clients find practical and cost-effective solutions to complicated problems.
We have experience with a wide-range of issues and provide regular advice to our local government clients regarding:
- Public records and public meetings law
- Public contracting, including drafting, bid protests and contracting disputes
- Government ethics
- Drafting of resolutions and ordinances
- Property issues, including negotiations, drafting and review of contracts and lease agreements
- Property and development issues, including environmental compliance, Brownfields, and hazardous waste
- General advice regarding employment law, personnel matters, and employee policies
- Elections law, including ballot titles and bond measures
- Short-term borrowing
- Assistance and general advice regarding federal funding and federal agencies
- Civil rights issues
- Risk management
- Litigation regarding various issues